The New Art Gallery Walsall is looking for a marketing professional to work with its staff on an exciting year-long project for young people, Young Damien – Audiences Black Country.
The New Art Gallery Walsall is gearing up to present a year-long exhibition of key works by acclaimed artist Damien Hirst, as part of ARTIST ROOMS On Tour (6 October 2012 – 26 October 2013). This ground-breaking, new display will see Damien’s sculptures, paintings and prints presented within the gallery’s Garman Ryan Galleries. The display will be accompanied by a series of inspired satellite exhibitions, events and activities through the course of the year.
The gallery would like to use the Damien Hirst ARTIST ROOMS exhibition to deepen its engagement with young people and to begin to empower them in the development of the gallery’s wider programme.
The successful candidate will be expected to:
• Undertake online and face to face consultation with young people in order to identify the drivers, motivations and barriers from engaging with visual arts galleries.
• Recruit, manage and maintain a group of young people who will curate a series of events that will target their peers.
• Maintain and manage the Young Damien – Audiences Black Country project.
• Oversee and lead on young people’s events.
• Work in partnership with an artist.
• Compile necessary reports and lead on project evaluation.
• Oversee the online, digital and social media aspects of the project.
This is a 20-day post over 12 months, until March 2013. The overall fee is £4,000.00.
If you are interested in the above freelance contract post, please email your CV and a covering letter outlining your qualities, skills and suitability for the post to Ioannis Ioannou, Audience Development Curator firstname.lastname@example.org. If you have any queries re any of the above please call Ioannis on 01922 654404.
Deadline for applications is 9am, Wednesday 18 April 2012.